Death & Grief
by Pastor John White
- Alfred Askenburg’s testimony.
- Don’t let grief overwhelm you.
A. Grief: Deep mental anguish, painful, sorrowful, distress. Usually brought about by a sense of loss.
B. What God says about grief.
- Isa. 53:4-5
- John 14:1, 27
- I Thess. 4:13-18
- I Cor. 15:26 The last enemy.
- Heb. 2:14 Refers to Satan as the author of death.
- Ezek. 18:32 God has no pleasure in death.
- Ps. 116:15 Precious (costly) in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.
C. When you’re ignorant of death it will cause grief.
Conclusion: Song of Solomon 2:10-13